FLARM products offer a broad range of services for UAVs out of the box:
- Electronic conspicuity (EC) and tracking
- Electronic identification (eID) with optional cryptographically secure signature
- Traffic awareness
- Detect-and-avoid (DAA)
For fast time-to-market, we offer development kits specifically for UAVs as well as a reference design for eID. For standard UAV equipment, check the UAV operator page.
UAV Dev Kit
The UAV development kit is based on the PowerFLARM OEM Application Module (AM), offering full In (receive) and Out (transmit) functionality with accurate collision warnings. It is fully self-contained requiring only an external power source. A quick-start manual is available for download below.
- Physical characteristics: 70x32x8mm3, 90mm wire antenna, GPS antenna, total weight 28g (19g without GPS antenna)
- Connectors: 2 x U.Fl. (GPS, FLARM radio), Micro-USB (power, serial), Hirose DF13-6P-1.25H (power, serial)
- Protocols: FLARM FTD-012 ICD compliant or MAVLink
- UI: 5 status LEDs, power source selector switch
- Power supply: 4-36VDC on DF-13 or 5VDC via USB, selectable by switch
- Power consumption: the dev kit is not optimized for low power consumption (LED), typically around 500mW
- Package content: UAV Dev Kit with Application Module, 868MHz wire antenna, GPS patch antenna (18x18x7mm3), does not include cables
Contact us for pricing and ordering.
UAV eID Reference Design
For the new FLARM UAS eID standard and related products, a reference hardware design is available under license. Additional FLARM functionality may be applicable by software update.
- Physical characteristics: 30x38x12mm3 (30x30x4mm3 without connectors and GNSS antenna/receiver), 12g (3g without), M2 mounting holes
- Engine: System-on-Chip (SoC) with Cortex-M4F MCU and radio transceiver
- Navigation: u-blox 8th generation multi-GNSS receiver with integrated patch antenna
- Storage: 32 MB NOR FLASH, microSD card slot
- Connectors: SMA (FLARM radio), Micro-USB (power, serial), JST GH 6-pole (power, serial), Serial Wire Trace for debugging, I2C and SPI available on solder pads
- Power supply: 4-15VDC on JST GH or 5VDC on USB
- UI: 4 status bicolor LED, reset button
- Package content: Reference design hardware, SMA radio stub antenna, does not include cables
Contact us for licensing, pricing and ordering.