FLARM Technology Ltd, Hinterbergstrasse 15, CH-6330 Cham, Switzerland.
What personal data we process
We process the following categories of personal data:
- name, address, email address, etc. related to your purchases and newsletter subscriptions
- purchase history, including items purchased and device details
- details about owned devices and licenses
- device configuration and troubleshooting information
- historic device information, including configuration items, positions, and hardware and software information
- web browsing data, including cookies
- other data that we have received from you or from third parties in connection with our services
The data that we process may originate from you, uploaded or transmitted files, emails, radio receivers, or other publicly accessible sources.
Why we process personal data and for how long
We process personal data to be able to offer products and services, comply with contractual and legal obligations and to protect your and other persons’ vital interests. Specifically, we process data for the following reasons:
- to be able to provide you and others with requested products and services as well as improvements thereof
- to comply with legal obligations for e.g. invoicing and record keeping
- to comply with contractual obligations towards you and third parties
- to be able to assist search and rescue (SAR) and similar activities
- to be able to inform you about safety issues and updates about FLARM
- for statistical and market analysis purposes
We retain your data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Sharing of personal data
In general, we never share private personal data (name, address, etc.) with third parties. We may share personal data only with the following categories of recipients:
- government authorities, law enforcement agencies and regulators
- payment processing partners
- OEM partners and authorized dealers
- other legal entities for search and rescue (SAR) purposes
- other partners when required for the fulfillment of services
Data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please send a written request to the address indicated under “Data controller” via registered mail. The request will in all cases be processed within 3 months. We will charge a fee for the request if we consider your request for access to be unfounded, excessive or repetitive. Alternatively, we may also refuse to comply with the request.
You can find the personal data related to you on www.flarm.com under “My Account”. Newsletter subscriptions can be managed under the “Settings” tab.